Monday, July 27, 2009

SIX DAYS
Starting to count down now. Six days before go time. Today I ran 3.1 miles (my head still won't go past that distance) and I swam 36 laps in my wetsuit again. I was still struggling to reach my arms out as far as I could, and I need another swim in the wetsuit (and one without) to see whether I will wear it on race day. On that point, I should note that there is a possibility, on race day, that the swim portion of the triathlon will be canceled due to poor water quality. If it continues to rain all week like it is predicted, the water may be too dangerous to swim in. They make the call race morning. I am quite surprised with myself at my reaction to this possibility---I am actually really BUMMED at the thought of it being canceled! I want to go for the swim! If they do cancel the water, they will add a 2 mile run, so it will end up being a 2 mile run first, then 15.5 mile bike, then a 3.1 mile run. Have I ever said that I've thought that running is a form of mild torture? So there you have it!

No comments:

Post a Comment