Wednesday, July 29, 2009

FOUR...
Still feeling pretty good about this whole thing today, although I did wake up in the middle of the night with some strange dreams (having nothing to do with running, biking or swimming) and I was up for a while. Sleep is not usually elusive for me, so I have to figure that something's going on in my brain!

I just did a pretty intense spinning class today, riding just under the point where one little turn to increase the intensity makes the pedals stop rotating, and they won't start again no matter how hard you push against them! I was tempted to take a run after that, but I know this is supposed to be "taper" week so I took it easy.

This entire triathlon preparation has been a great experience, no matter what happens on race day. I am lucky to know, or have met, about 20 other girls who are also participating in this triathlon. They come in all shapes and sizes and levels of athletic ability. They range in age from 33 years old to about 50 (surprisingly very few are even in their 30's!) and two of the girls are having birthdays on triathlon day---48th and 50th birthdays! Our "organizer" (who had that seed planted in her head way back last August) has also planned a post-triathlon party later on race day.

I have learned new vocabulary words during this process, like "drafting" and "Body Glide" and "bike-run bonk" (that's my personal favorite). I have learned how to swim! I have not learned how to run better, but some time in the future I will read up on that. I have set a goal for race day; well two goals actually. I will try to not drown in the Schuylkill, and I will try not to embarrass myself. Other than that, I am going to just show up and GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment