Friday, July 31, 2009

THE DAY BEFORE THE DAY BEFORE
Apparently, my countdown was a little off, so we're approaching it from another angle right now!
I'm not feeling particularly stressed right now, nor have I been all day. It is what it is at this point! I have been cramming zinc lozenges down my throat (supposedly shortens the length and severity of colds) even though they make my stomach so upset that I am sure my face is close to turning green and copious amounts of vomit are about to empty out of my stoach and onto the floor with every lozenge. I have been taking Airborne (again supposed to shorten the length and severity of a cold) and I have been drinking pure pomegranate juice because a friend told me that the antioxidants in it are a cold-prevention method for her. I will try anything at this point! But, guess what. Today my cold was not so bad at all! I am going to keep doing what I'm doing in the hopes that all is well on race day.

I didn't taper again today---36 laps with wetsuit, then a spinning class. Then 500 stomach crunches. Still can't decide whether I will be using the wetsuit on race day. It definitely makes my arm muscles tire more easily because I am pushing hard against it...but I can still go the distance...and then I don't really need to use my arms after that for the rest of the race, so does it matter whether they are sore? I don't know!

The weather has been stormy lately, and the Schuylkill has been "red," which means swimming is not recommended. There are no storms predicted for tomorrow, so we'll see whether it goes to yellow or green. I am not at all prepared for the run-bike-run if the swim is canceled!

Tomorrow is the triathlon expo and packet pick-up in Philly. A group of us are going down together, and I am looking forward to a fun day without exercise!

No comments:

Post a Comment